Saturday, May 31, 2008

Indiana Jones and the Scientologist Propaganda

So, I know it's not really an anime but I have to get this off my chest.

1) Spielberg directed A.I (bad movie)
2) Spielberg and Tom Cruise work together on Minority Report (good movie)
3) Spielberg and Tom Cruise THEN did War of the Worlds together (forgettable)

4) Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull...how can I put this...?

NO! No, bad Spielberg, bad, that is NOT what a career of over 40 produces, that is NOT how we make movies!

So, Indiana Jones, in a story written by a four-year-old, discovers that El Dorado was actually founded by ALIENS! And the aliens give the gift of transcendental knowledge, knowledge that can put you "in the space between space," or another dimension.

Sounds a little on the Scientology side, wouldn't ya say?

So when Indy assembles the Shrine of the Silver Monkey - whoops, force of habit - I mean the crystal alien skeleton, the aliens come back and blow up their own temple, wedding Indy with long-lost girlfriend #3, and spraying down poetic justice the way a skunk sprays his victims. This film was a madlib of car chases, scenery changes and watered down one-liners. I am rejecting and sending this movie back like a poorly cooked cheeseburger with a big ball of black, springy hair on it. Try it again, Spielberg.

The Cupcake says "no."

No comments: