Monday, September 8, 2008

Otaku Mex - Anime Geekery in Albuquerque

Albuquerque? Seriously? People living there?

I could not contain my excitement when this con chair e-mailed me back. I not only participated in game shows, masquerades, panels, and autograph sessions, but I finally had album number 2 "What's the Hell Your Heart" recorded.

More importantly, I met some of the most humble, generous and easy-going otaku I've ever seen. All you parents and first-time con-goers, thank you for coming along and having a good time. The staff made the whole weekend mellow. The food around the Southwest is incredible and drenched in green salsa.

To Andi and Krystal and Bear and Justin and Isiah and everyone else - I have never felt a power like this before; you guys put me up with ACTUAL anime industry celebrities and made me feel like an even bigger winner than John Goodman's tapeworm.

Our other guest,
Kyle Herbert, Jan Frazier, Yamila, and Steve Bennett, you guys taught me how to carry the undeserved glory with dignity and open mindedness.

With my move to NY coming up, it's gonna get hard, but fingers crossed, friends.

New York Anime Fest.
Tekkoshocon 1/2 in Pittsburgh has invited me. What am I gonna do, say no?
SITacon
Zenkaikon
and then I'll poop!

To all of you from Otaku Mex, thank you.

Gratitude and sprinkles from the cupcake,

~Yo

No comments: